Re: gEDA-user: troubles with new snap-to-pad behavior

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 06:31:43PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > 2) This was always true, but is much more noticable now: When you're
> > dragging some things, you don't really want to snap to pins and
> > pads.  Eg if you want to slightly move a TANT_D capacitor, you pick
> > it up, move it slightly, and oops, you just snapped to the pad of
> > the very cap you're moving.  The snap should at least ignore the
> > moving part.
>
> I noticed that myself.  I agree that snap-to-myself is bad.

I just committed a fix to snap-to-self.  If you move an element, it won't
snap to any of its own pins or pads.

If you move a via, it won't snap to any vias or pins (since it can't go
there anyway, and it covers the 'self' case).

I entertained the idea of adding other smarts, like only snapping to
pads when you're on the same layer, but search.c doesn't make that kind
of thing easy.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>