Re: gEDA-user: gerbv - not reading format

Frank, Julian,

Thanks for the bug report.  It's interesting that sloppy code makes
gerbv choke.   Moving forward I'd like gerbv to silently flag and
identify sloppy code, but keep processing.  Later,
the user can request a "gerber check" window which presents him
statistics about codes and errors found while processing his files.
That way gerbv can become as much a diagnostic tool as a simple
viewer.  It's on my todo list to implement this type of functionality.

One question, however:  Does anybody know how common a line with no *
is in the universe of gerber files generated by EDA programs?  i.e. is
this a common (bad) convention?  (DJ -- hint hint?)  Any thoughts
about how to handle it which differ from my proposal?

Stuart