Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog Release 0.8.6

Hi Günter,

On Montag, 3. Dezember 2007, Günter Dannoritzer wrote:
> Werner Hoch wrote:
>
> > Unfortunatly I wasn't able to build it for openSUSE 10.3 on x86_64
> > arch. The bz2_32bit_devel files are no longer part of openSUSE
> > 10.3.
>
> I ran into the same problem with the development snapshot.

Yeah, I saw that, when I looked for a solution in your packages ;-)

> I assumed
> it was just my limited knowledge about the changed packages due to
> the new library convention. However, when you bring that up it seems
> like they took this package out?

Yes. There are currently 3 bz2 packages in openSUSE_10.3 x86_64:

Both libraries for 64bit:
  libbz2-1-1.0.4-42.x86_64.rpm
  libbz2-devel-1.0.4-42.x86_64.rpm

The 32-bit runtime libraries:
  libbz2-1-32bit-1.0.4-42.x86_64.rpm

The 32-bit devel library is missing.

> > Possible solutions:
> > * not building the 32bit binaries for x86_64 arch
> > * if its possible, build that binaries without bz2 support
> > * ???
>
> I am asking naive, but is building the bz2 package for 32 bit too
> complicated to add it to the repository?

No, but I'm not sure whether it is possible to build only the
bz2-32bit-devel without the bz2-32bit.

I don't want to create a replacement for the whole bz2-32bit package.

> Do you know what the reason was in first place to remove it?

No. I'm going to ask on the buildservice mailing list.

Regards
Werner