Re: gEDA-user: updating your OS, was: Re: Export gerber crash

On Wed, 2007-21-11 at 13:11 -0500, al davis wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Ian Chapman wrote:
> >        I am using Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn which is my first
> > serious effort into Linux.  This release is only a few months
> > old.  I guess that there is not too much change between Gutsy
> > and Feisty?
> >
> >         I like its stability and speed after XP but I am not
> > expert at understanding what all the helpers are talking
> > about.  The .deb files I have installed to get the Firefox 64
> > plugins working not too difficult. Printers are total
> > gibberish to me cups, foomatic and gutenprint and I
> > eventually found where it put the driver.  Now Open office
> > word prints and that's all that can print.
> >
> >         I would be really pleased to try your .deb file.  I
> > think that would be simpler than updating Ubuntu and being
> > frustrated by plugins and print drivers again.
>
> On Debian (and I assume Ubuntu also) you can update without
> reinstalling ...
Hi Al, you are right.  I should update and it is easy in Ubuntu since
the update manager has a button Upgrade.  It would have been really
simple and fast only error 404 at nearly the end "failed to fetch
http://mdeibuntu-sos-sts.com/repo/dist/feisty/free/binary-amd64/Packages.gs same for binary, sources and non free source".  Feisty is the current distro and should I not be getting Gutsy the new distro?  The site seems to be up and alive, just needs a little tweak; I guess I should try again tomorrow.  Regards Ian.