Re: gEDA-user: Subscribing to this list

Hi Alan, a copy of my original post has been sent to Ales Hvezda.  I guess he is a busy guy and looking after us and other groups is not his day job.  Regards  Ian.

From: alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 7:53 AM
To: ian.chapman@xxxxxxxx; gEDA user mailing list
Subject: RE: gEDA-user: Subscribing to this list

And when I tried to modify my subscription from receiving individual emails to receiving a daily digest, the instructions at http://www.seul.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geda-user were not as clear as they could have been about how to do that. The page claims that it allows me to "change your existing subscription". That capability is actually under "geda-user Subscribers" (a logical place), but that section begins with "The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator", leading me to the false conclusion that there was nothing in that section for me. Simply moving that message under the subscribers list feature would make the page clearer. My false conclusion caused me to try to subscribe again, selecting daily digest, but that failed because of my existing subscription.

By the way, Ian, whomever you "should e-mail and suggest an update" should, in my opinion, already be monitoring this list.

Alan Feldstein
Cosmic Horizon
http://www.alanfeldstein.com/