Re: gEDA-user: how to add a rat to a via?

> I've got a chip on my layout. In gscheme I didn't bind some of it's
> pins, though I'd like to, once in pcb, add a via and connect the pin
> to it, How do you use to do this?
>
> In pcb, I can add rat lines from such a chip's pins to existing
> layout components but if I create a via and try to link it to it, it
> doesn't work.

You have to shut off auto-enforce-DRC, otherwise you can't connect to
anything that doesn't look like it's part of the net, according to the
netlist.

In the long run, it's better to put the pins in the schematic, because
a via with only one connection is likely to be optimized away or
inadvertently left tented, resulting in a useless trace.