Re: gEDA-user: [gattrib] OS X cut/paste

I just noticed the same problem using gattrib from cygwin on Windows XP.  It seems to me that gattrib is emptying the paste buffer.  I can alt-tab to my rxvt bash shell, highlight something  (like a footprint file name), alt-tab back to gattrib, click in the cell I want to change, then shift-insert (to paste).  However if I then click into another cell shift-insert does not paste, almost like the paste buffer was cleared.  Repeating the copy gain works... once.  BTW, I copy-n-paste between rxvt and other X11 apps (including gschem and pcb) with no issues.

Michael

----- Original Message ----
From: Timothy Normand Miller <theosib@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:40:02 PM
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: [gattrib] OS X cut/paste

On 12/13/07, Dave N6NZ <n6nz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>    Is there something wacky about OS X's implementation of X11 w.r.t.
> copy/paste, or have I stumbled into a gattrib bug?
>     When in gattrib, I can select and copy (or at least appear to
 copy)
> data from a cell, but the "paste" menu entry never activates.  Pretty
> annoying -- kills a lot of the utility of gattrib. Since I don't hear
> chorus of OS X users complaining about this, I'm thinking its likely
> pilot error.

I've only ever been able to paste using the middle mouse button.
(What's in the OSX clipboard gets pasted that way.)  I have no idea
how one would get the OSX clipboard into the X11 clipboard so you
could paste something more complex.

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti