gEDA-user: problem with gsch2pcb generated pcb file

Hi, I have recently run into a problem with gsch2pcb which I can easily
re-create.  Essentially I cannot move the silkscreen name of the layout
item.

To re-create:
1. run gschem and add a component.  Edit it adding a footprint, I used
603 which I know to cause the problem.
2. run gsch2pcb on the sch file created before
3. run pcb on the created pcb file.  Try to move the silkscreen name
around.. you cannot.

My workaround is in pcb, cut all of the layout elements from the
generated file, then paste them again.  After they are pasted the
silkscreen name can be selected and moved.

Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Sean