Re: gEDA-user: bugs, warts and feature requests

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 00:30 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:20:27 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I thought I'd fixed that. Have you updated from git recently?
>
> <looks at date of binary>
> It was compiled in June. So it has been some time since I did the last
> update.
>
> I have never compiled pcb from git. Always took this CVS repository:
> :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/pcb

If you're running PCB+GL, you must have grabbed it from git at some
point.

If you had your original checkout, you might just run a "git fetch" in
that directory

then:

git checkout -b before_pours_local origin/before_pours

Alternatively, if the git checkout is lost, start from scratch..

git clone git://repo.or.cz/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git
git checkout -b before_pours_local origin/before_pours

then run ./autogen.sh, ./configure, etc...

> Just tried to update the pcb source from this CVS repository. Some
> changes could be applied. So I moved everything except the CVS dir out of
> the way and started from scratch. However, autogen seems to run into
> problems at the aclocal stage. Consequently, automake fails too. I get
> these messages on stderr:

aclocal is just complaining I think. What appears to be missing is part
of your PCB checkout.

Try "cvs up" again.

> > You want the "before_pours" branch of my repository. "master" now
> > contains other stuff, such as experimental poured copper areas, which
> > will currently break the way existing layouts load.
>
> Can you give the address of the git repo?

See the above git examples for how to check it out.

You can browse the thing on-line at:

http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git

--
Peter Clifton