gEDA-user: PCB build 20081128 problem/solution

I just built PCB from the snapshot but had some problems.  Configure
reported a bunch of stuff that I was missing. So I got the missing
packages and successfully got through configure.  Make ran fine up until
   linking, and reported a bad reference to FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden (sorry
I didn't write down the exact message).  Google helped out here, I was
running an older version of FreeType version (2.1.9) and upgraded to
version 2.3.7, which worked fine.  Make quickly linked up the program
and PCB is now running.

Maybe configure needs to check for a good version of FreeType?  BTW, I
saw a forum message about compiling FreeType with FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden
enabled (whatever that is :) Perhaps my newer version (precompiled
slackware package) has it enabled when it was built.

gene