gEDA-user: gnetlist and hierarchy

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on a netlister backend and I am desperately
looking for a solution regarding a problem with hierarchical structure:

Problem:
Within my scheme backend, I'd like to get the "virtual" component
representing the sub sheet (the one with the "source" attribute set),
more precisely it's about the attributes of that subsheet component, but
without disabling the hierarchy traversal.
As you might know, the netlister gets all components in a flat
structure, with a reference to the hierarchical structure merely present
in the package and net names.

Details:
There are two reasons for all this:
First, I generically need to set attributes that apply tho the whole sub
sheet.
And second, I need to be able to use sub sheets multiple times inside
the higher level schematic, but inside my netlist-file there is
declarative code which is required exactly once for each sub sheet, no
matter how many instantiations of it exist. Obviously, solving the more
generic problem would solve this one as well, since I could simply check
for matching "source" attributes to detect different instantiations of
the same sub sheet.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this (if possible at all)?
Or does anyone have a non-stantdard version of the netlister that could
be of help in this regard?

I am aware of the gnetlistrc option hierarchy_traversal, the problem is
I need both the hierarchy traversal _and_ getting a hold of the subsheet
symbols.
All I read so far seems to mean there is no way to do that (although I
haven't found a discussion on the very same problem, so far).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your attention so far.

Oliver