Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org, gnucap.org, and a few others mirrors

DJ Delorie wrote:

> My pcb build for the web server is fairly old (2006), but it has its
> own pcb binary which is built with --with-hid=batch so it doesn't
> matter what's elsewhere on your system.
>
> Actual size is closer to 12 Mb,

12MB is easy.  There need not be any other pcb on that server.
The virtual web serving is with apache2, so...

  with the idea of using 2 IP addresses
both defined in the DNS records,

would gedasymbols.org just be another one of the
dirs in /var/www along with ecosensory.com, cibolo.com, cottagematic.com?

If so, I can create a login and /var/www/gedasymbols.org dir for you, and your rsync can use that login to write on
dj@xxxxxxxxx:/var/www/gedasymbols.org to update it.

Sounds like a low hassle mirror/redundant server method.  gnucap.org could be done the same way.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX