Re: gEDA-user: modify footprint and update layout

> I will try that.  It occurred to me that I could also:
> 1. go to the schematic, delete the part.
> 2. run gsch2pcb which will delete the component.
> 3. return to the schematic and put the part back in (which will load the
>   new footprint)
> 4. run gsch2pcb again.
>
> I think that any tracks already run will remain since PCB doesn't
> automatically remove them.

The advantage of shift-clicking is that (1) you can line up the new
footprint before you replace it, and (2) you always get the right
footprint in the right place, since pcb copies the refdes etc from the
old one.

As for your way, it would be much simpler to do this:

* delete the parts from the pcb

  - switch pcb to show the description instead of the refdes
  - select -> elements by name
  - type in the footprint name
  - "delete"

* run gsch2pcb to put them back in