Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org - site down?

Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Yes, I spoke with DJ and he still doesn't have power or 'net.
>
> Here are some pictures that DJ took of the ice storm:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/dj/ice-storm-2008/
>
> Pretty yes, but this storm made a huge mess in the whole NE region.

Pretty?....  maybe if you haven't lived through one.  Ice storms are
incredibly destructive.  And in every one I've lived through, what you
really end up with is a layer of ice under a layer of snow, so even
moving around is tedious/dangerous/laborious.  I'm pretty competent on
hockey skates, but Mother Nature never leaves as nice a surface as a
Zamboni...

Wow... 5 days no power.  I lived through that once... 7 days no power, 4
days before the county snow plows had the road clear to the highway.
Hang in there, DJ...

I've lived enough places, though, to have learned that you can avoid ice
storms in two ways... 1) move farther North, it's too cold for ice
storms.  2) move farther South.

South is better :)

-dave