Re: gEDA-user: gEDAs gnucap page is outdated

On Thursday 18 December 2008, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> But if someone tries to get the PDF manual from the gEDA page
> he gets the old one from 2004 still. That was the reason why
> I suggested to delete the page (or replace with link).
> Mirroring outdated files may be useful for version history or
> similar tasks, but for gnucap beginners it can be a pain.

There is a permission problem.

There isn't a lot of difference between 0.34 and 0.35.  Versions
from 0.31 to 0.35 were during a period when everything here was
really messed up.  I didn't expect the 0.35 release to last
nearly as long as it did before another formal release.

The real biggest thing now is that the development version has
changed so much that the documentation is almost totally wrong.
In the last couple of years, off list where nobody else sees
it, there has been a lot of requests for all kinds of stuff,
and it actually happened, with reliability getting constantly
worse.

About a month ago I said "feature freeze".  No new features will
be added to gnucap for a while, so I can make sure everything
works as it should, and update and improve the documentation,
and make a formal release.