Re: gEDA-user: flattened hierarchic named gnetlist

Tony Radice wrote:
  - please send me a direct ping at tradice@xxxxxxxx
> and I'll respond, rather than waste bandwidth here.

This is fine for on the list.  It helps to trim old stuff from posts though...

>     Long and short:
> 1) I GET the prefix, no matter the settings or if the rc file is local,
> in my ~home, or in the /usr/local/gEDA directory.

Do you have source=A1.sch on symbols still?  That seems to trigger
name prefixes to me...  Or tell us more how to duplicate your test...
with a small or openly sharable set of test circuit schematics...

> 2) If I remove the reference designators from the level 1 blocks the
> designators go away, but so does a whole lotta my netlist as well,
> making the design useless.

yeah, that's not the way.

> 3) When removing the Level 1 designators and a deliberate duplicate
> RefDes is placed in (two independent Level 2 sheets) the gnetlist -g
> drc2 command does NOT see the duplicate RefDes.

No. gschem/gnetlist see that as a composite part having lots of pins, like a
FPGA bank symbol.   Does drc2 complain about dup. pins?

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX