gEDA-user: PCB line limit of 255 in pcb

When loading up a netlist file, PCB complains if a single line is over
255 characters and cuts out the rest of the line. I have a net with
lots of components connected to it (gnd) and the line ends up being
way over 255 characters. The workaround I have done is to split the
net into two nets with identical names (both named gnd), but pcb also
doesn't play nice with this as it doesn't rat the nets properly to gnd
and it I manually connect the new nets together it complains about the
nets being short. Of course they are shorted but they have the same
name.

I have a picture attached.

Is there any workaround for this?