Re: gEDA-user: blue sky ideas - written down finally

> On the pin mapping subject I miss an example of the power pins of a
> rail-to-rail opamp, just to nail these troublemakers down as well (sometimes
> I get Vss hitched to ground instead of the negative voltage rail).

Power pins are not special in my plan, they're just pins.  If they're
not connected to a symbol, they show up in the "other pins" table, by
name, and you can connect them to whatever you want.  I.e. there are
NO MORE implied net connections.  You just don't need the "power
symbols" any more.

> BTW: there are two D2 pins in your RAM chip example.

Oops, fixed.

> On the subject of the database, it's a bazillion parts ot there, only to be
> done on a "what-you-need-is-what-you-put-in-the-dbms-first" basis.
>
> This has to be a distributed effort in some way, gedasymbols.org is a good
> starting point, it's to big a job for one individual person.

You'll notice that the CSV format at gedasymbols.org corresponds to
the table format the plugin needs :-)