Re: gEDA-user: Ancient pcb versions on Fink/MacPorts

> Where can I get a more modern version of pcb for a Mac?  Or is this a
> case where Fink/MacPorts aren't useful and I need to do everything
> from scratch?

Don,

I build from git source after using fink/macports to install the
dependencies. ( i like bleeding edge, and hack the code occasionally).
 you could build from a stable tar release if you like.

as for fink and macports being out of date,  a message to those
projects might get a  package maintainer to update them.

giving them the links to the most recent downloads and such should
encourage them to jst push the update.

you could even update the portfile here:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/pcb
and send them a patch to update the macports port file for pcb

Steve