Re: gEDA-user: ANN: gschem symbol rotation script

On Dec 29, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Mark Rages <markrages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Mark Rages <markrages@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> I have written a Python script to do free rotation of gschem symbols,
>> then snap pins to the nearest gridpoint.
>

> No comments?  I've added a couple screenshots.

I'd like to use this as an idea to bounce of of the developers.  How
difficult would it be to add a filter symbol function to gschem.  The
idea is to tak a symbol then pipe it out to stdin of the filter app,
then accept the filter's stdoit as the replacment text

It would probably need some metadata wrapped around it not just a Raw
symbol.

Thoughts?