Re: gEDA-user: ANN: gschem symbol rotation script

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Steven Michalske <smichalske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to use this as an idea to bounce of of the developers.  How
> difficult would it be to add a filter symbol function to gschem.  The
> idea is to tak a symbol then pipe it out to stdin of the filter app,
> then accept the filter's stdoit as the replacment text
>
> It would probably need some metadata wrapped around it not just a Raw
> symbol.
>
> Thoughts?

In the context of my script, I don't think it would be much more
helpful than the command line, and could get very complicated. (it
needs to know where to store the new copy of the symbol, for example.)
 The GUI might help if you could use it to select the angle
interactively, but that would be more of a plugin than a filter.

A plugin would spare the script from parsing the .sch file.  But it's
an easy format, and you only have to write that code once.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--