Re: gEDA-user: ANN: gschem symbol rotation script (Mark Rages)

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Mike Bushroe <mbushroe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Mark,
>   how doy you call the python script? You gave some nice screen shots of
>   the results, but my quick look through the code I did not see an
>   example of how to call it. Does it only do 45 degree rotations, or is
>   one of the arguments the rotation angle?

Did you look at the README? It takes one argument, which is the
rotation angle.  The symbol is read from stdin, written to stdout.
Any rotation should work, but as the pins are snapped to the closest
grid point, not all rotations will produce attractive symbols.

>         Also, will this work on PCB newlib footprints?

No.  But I don't think it is necessary.  pcb has a way to rotate
footprints to arbitrary angles.  (if you have a really old build of
pcb you might need to upgrade first.) See this message and the
surrounding thread:
http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2007-November/009169.html

Regards,
Mark