Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL -> Stable (eventually...)

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 13:00 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 12:13 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Ok. I recloned(*) compiled and benchmarked my pidpeltier layout with full
> > polygons and with poly_thin_draw. Hardware is my day job desktop, nvidia
> > quadro, closed source driver.
> >
> > current HEAD:
> > full poly: 15 FPS
> > thin draw: 25 FPS
> >
> > version 20091103 as it is distributed in debian/squeeze
> > full poly: 31 FPS
> > thin draw: 25 FPS
> >
> > Yes, the 20091103 version is faster with full polygons.

Did you have any further insight on this slowdown issue?

I've been off email for a little while (quota full, disastrous HDD + OS
upgrade - during which (amongst other problems!), I blew up one HDD
caddy and my laptop's optical drive gave up - permanently after I tried
to manually tweak the laser powers!)

You'll probably know how nasty CD drive laser power adjustments are, and
that it was a desperate thing to try. I think I tweaked them more than I
imagined, and have now lost the ability to get back to where I started..
The drive does different things depending on how I set the power, but
I've not got it working again!

Still, at Â20 for a Sony / Optiarc replacement, it wasn't such a
disaster, just a setback. Why I buy Sony though, I don't know (other
than the original OEM drive was Optiarc), as I generally detest Sony
hardware.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,