Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

2010/12/3 Stefan DrÃge <stefan@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/12/3 Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I note that freerouting.net lists gEDA as being supported.. is that
>> true?
>
> I just searched a little bit, and I found some code from Josh Jordan
> on the mailing list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg19459.html
>
> But I haven't tried it out yet.

I've just tried Josh's .dsn export function, and it seems to work. So
yes it's true. But there doesn't seem to be a possibillity to reimport
the layout into pcb.
But freerouter does the job really well. It solved the layout without
any vias or unroutable nets in about 3 minutes. (To compare: pcb
autorouter took about 2 Minutes, with 5 unroutable nets. The
toporouter took about an hour with sometimes 0, sometimes several
unrouted nets, depending on the placement of the components)

Regards, Stefan