Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On 12/02/2010 05:30 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
I imagined (although I've not coded to verify), that more intelligent
AUTO-routing of rats against existing board geometry / routed nets would
be a huge time-saver (especially if combined with more powerful features
to rubber-band existing nets).

I think that would be a speed tool also.

On 12/03/2010 12:11 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Sounds like we're thinking along similar lines. I could easily have
> unconsciously absorbed your ideas and suggestions without realising I
> was re-hashing stuff which has already been said.

I've mentioned analogies to routing tools like "push with a force field
toward already placed objects", and "sweep circuitry in a direction"
as wish list items before...

I like your lasso or lariat or rubber band idea for grouping.
Many of us have seen the icon on adobe photoshop for
"grab an irregular area by defining a line around it" -- a lariat.

JG