Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 23:43 +0100, kai-martin knaak wrote:
> Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
> > Fixing problems is not always fun, especially if one is not really
> > suffering from these problems oneself.
>
> It is even less fun if the fix is ignored or not liked by the regular
> developers. BTDTGNT
                ^_____ I'm not sure what that expands to.
(Meh.. Google told me what it means, never mind!)

Anyhow.. if there is some patch / fix you're referring to specifically,
ping it back up and someone might take an interest. I'll acknowledge
that we (gEDA developers) are collectively very bad at dealing with
contributions!

Things get ignored because we get busy and have other commitments. We
can obviously do better.

If fixes weren't "liked", we would probably have given a valid reason or
suggested a better alternative. A balance has to be struck between
accepting all patches quickly to encourage contribution, and reviewing
their design implications and code quality.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,