Re: gEDA-user: Removing My* memory alllocation functions

Patch0002: we're getting close. I see only one remaining issue:

create.c:900: you address this both in patch 0001 and patch 0002
In patch 0001 you preserve the behaviour of the existing code
In patch 0002 you unconditionally call strdup()
I've looked at the code further, and I think that the approach you
take in patch 0001 is correct.
Each element has three names: Description, NameOnPCB and Value.  It's
entirely possible that at least one of them will be NULL, so an
unconditional call would be dangerous.
Please disregard my comment of 42 minutes ago "create.c:900 Same issue
as create.c:593"  It's not the same issue.
My $0.02 re create.c:593 still stands, but perhaps a better solution
would be to put an assert(TextString != NULL); at the start of
CreateNewText()