Re: gEDA-user: print all sheets in a hierarchy

Stephen Ecob wrote:

> A quick read about gschem's approach to multiple page schematics
> quickly convinced me that I'd rather shrink my symbols and keep
> to one page

There is a straight forward way to do multiple pages with geda:

1) disperse the circuit arbitrarily between different *.sch files

2) make sure, the refdeses of all symbols are unique (unless they
 deliberately belong to the same component). E.g. let the renumber
 dialog start at a different offsets on each page.

3) add all *.sch-files to the schematics line of your gsch2pcb
 project file.

That's it. gsch2pcb will connect nets with the same netname even
when spanning pages. I don't think, multiple pages can get any
simpler than that.

Hierarchical design with sub sheets is a different beast. In this
case you need to create a dedicated symbol for every sub sheet.
Sub sheets can be recycled with many instances in the same circuit.
There is no limit to the depth of the hierarchy. These two features
are powerful and not very common with low cost EDA suites.

Admittedly, the process of manual symbol creation is a tad tedious.
Some kind of wizard would be welcomed by many. My best bet so far
is a sub sheet symbol template on gedasymbols:
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols/titleblock/subsheet.sym

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak