Re: gEDA-user: TRACKERS [was: Re: gEDA-dev: Dev list [was: Random thoughts onthe future interface of PCB]]

On Thursday 09 December 2010, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> We're hearing complaints that some submitted patches aren't
> receiving enough attention, but there simply isn't enough
> maintainer time available to give everyone as much attention
> as they'd like.

If submitted patches don't receive enough attention, maybe there
is something wrong with them.  Maybe they don't work, introduce
bugs, don't come with adequate testing, mess up future plans, or
something like that.  In cases like this, the patches require
lots of work by the project accepting them, maybe more than they
are worth, or more than just doing it over.

In gnucap, I always give contributors top priority, but if a
patch comes in without advance discussion, often there is
something wrong with it.

If somebody contributes a new plugin, usually it is accepted
immediately.  We may have some discussion about it, but new
plugins are accepted freely, and distributed as user contributed
plugins.