Re: gEDA-user: get-package-attribute sometimes returns "?" - ID: 3114991

On Dec 16, 2010, at 7:44 PM, clif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Did you see my initial post on this?

Yes.

> The only pice of code that currently deals with the "?" is this one:
>
> ;; sometimes get-package-attribute returns "?" instead of "unknown".  WTF?  This should fix that . . .
>          (if (string-ci=? model-file "?")
>              (set! model-file "unknown"))
> --
>
> We're just trying to move toword a more uniform way of handling it.

But that's not uniform. In this case, attribute value is explicitly set to "?" in the symbol. Now, when an attribute value is *explicitly* set by the schematic or symbol designer, there shouldn't be anything in the common code that changes it. Making special cases like this is a move *away* from uniform handling of attributes.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx