Re: gEDA-user: Question about using slots in .sym files

On Dec 16, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Young, Michael I. (DFRC-SR) wrote:

> I would also expect to see two resistor drawings in the
>   .sym file for use in gschem.

In the slot mechanism, the graphics are identical for each slot.

>  In the example using the 7400 NAND
>   package I see that four slots are defined in the .sym file but only the
>   symbol for the first gate is included.  Wouldn't  you normally include
>   symbols for each slot or does gschem somehow know to generate the same
>   symbol for each slot?

You use the same symbol for each gate in the package. You set refds for each gate in the package to the same value, e.g. U42 or some such. You use Edit->Slot to change the slot of the gates so you have one gate each in slots 1,2,3,4.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx