Re: gEDA-user: get-package-attribute sometimes returns "?" - ID: 3114991

On Dec 16, 2010, at 9:29 PM, clif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm not sure we're on the same page here. That pice of legacy code is what we want to remove. We don't want any code to reinterpret attributes. For the short term we would like to change a few probramatic symbols so we don't have to have special cases in the code.

But the "?" is there to tell you, when looking at the symbol in gschem, that you *need* to edit the attribute (I use those symbols a lot).

I'm puzzled here, because I thought Stuart was the author of both spice-sdb and the symbols in question, so the "WTF?" is strange.

In any case, it seems to me that the user should get an error message (from spice-sdb) in this case, as an explicit "?" here means that the user has neither set the attribute to something useful nor deleted it as irrelevant.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx