Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Den 2010-12-24 01:10:55 skrev Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Yet another newbie question then:

I tried to enter a value of a resistor
(/usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/resistor-2.sym, my operating system is
Ubuntu  10.10) but the position of the value needs to be adjusted a
bit. How can I  do that?

It should look like this:

âââ[390kâ]âââ

But it rather looks like this:

â39[0kâ  ]âââ

The value needs to be centred, rather than aligned to the left.

Did you try to just move the text?

Select the text (not the component, just the text of the value attibute),
  type e x, or (Edit->Edit Text) select Middle-Middle alignment
  move the alignment mark to the center of the resistor.

I tried that now,since you suggested it. Unfortunately it doesn't work like I expected: Left seems to mean right, right seems to mean left, upper seems to mean lower and lower seems to mean upper. Upper left seems to be default and everything else takes the text further away from where I want it.

For further resistors, copy this resistor, so you do not need to allign
every instance again.  Attach a footprint attribute first, so that is
copied as well, with your favorite resistor footprint.

I also looked a bit into the /usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/resistor-2.sym
file, but I'm too much of a newbie to make any relevant changes to
such  files that actually workâ

You can open a symbol file in gschem to make changes, and save the
changed version for your project.

Ohâ didn't think of thatâ yes, that should work, of course.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg