Re: gEDA-user: Creating new symbols

On Sat, 2010-12-25 at 09:17 +0100, kai-martin knaak wrote:
> Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
> > And that is a real problem. gschem should really be able to to this
> > automatically when saving symbols.
>
> IMHO, it should not. Every translation breaks instances of the symbol
> in existing schematics.
>
> A better solution would be the notion of an origin, similar to the
> diamond in pcb footprints.
>
> ---<)kaimartin(>---

Hm...

Following the documentation we always have to do the translation to 0/0,
when we save a symbol. When we really have to do it always, it can and
should be done automatically.

Indeed, I can remember that I onece forgot that translation, got a
broken symbol with pins not aligned to 100 multiples of grid and start
symbol creation again from scratch, because I was not sure how to fix it
after storing to disk. But I have never really investigated this step.