Re: gEDA-user: Christmas wishlist

Stephan:
> Merry Christmas!
Thanks, Merry Christmas to youself!

> === Make elements small layouts ===
>
> An element shall be defined as a small layout, same syntax, same
> semantics. ...

That would be great.

> === Introduce the concept of classes/macros ===
>
> A macro is a sub-layout ...

If a macro is a sub-layout, why not just call it a sublayout.

> COW ...

What is "COW"?

> === Hierarchical layout ===
>
> Elements may contain Elements. Either with hierarchical netlist, or
> with flattened refdes, like gnetlist generates. When the higher level
> elements are defined as macros, a fully hierarchical layout is
> possible.

Great, can we have paramenters/return values passed to/from the
sub-layouts/elements?

Like, here is a led and resistor, we want to feed it with 12V, 5V etc.,
or is that more a job for gschem?

Another cases could be:
. here is a sub-layout, but we want 1 mm clearance
. drill/thickness ratio should be 2.4 for this connector
. ohh, you cannot have 5 mm clearance for the connector
. here are five output relays, it should be a relay every 13 mm
  along this line.
. here is a trace, we want it to be able to handle 12 A
. this stripline should be 50 Ohm
. this serpentine should have a trace length of 27.4 mm

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

---------
Aspö Data