Re: gEDA-user: Working on a tiny schematics editor

On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 09:28 -0500, George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:
> Ran without any user intervention on Fedora 13. Installed Ruby
> some time ago without knowing if I would ever use it.

Fine!

> Depending on the window sizing, either the top/bottom horizontal
> line heights or the left/right vertical line widths do not display fully.

Yes, I think that is the intended behavour for this demo: I draw the
outer rectangle exactly on the bounding box of my "world", so the half
thickness of the outer lines are clipped. When the aspect ratio of the
"rectangles world" is not the same as that of the GTK window, then the
GTK window is padded, so we can see full thickness either at left/right
or top/bottom. For real applications we will generally increase the
bounding box of our world a bit, at least so width that line thickness
is not clipped.

Intentionally I do allow only zoom in, not zoom out. So we can zoom to
1:1 full view fast with a few turns of the mouse wheel. I like this. If
we need additional space in our world, we can always increase the
bounding box. Some space we already have if the aspect ratio of
world/window differs. I may support full zooming out, but for this some
modifications of the behaviour of scrollbars/adjustments is necessary,
and then we will need a special action to get 1/1 full view again.