Re: gEDA-user: Seeing pin numbers in PCB

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:48:00PM -0800, Oliver King-Smith wrote:
>    Being lazy I am importing footprints other folks kindly made for pcb.
>    Unfortunately, I am not very trusting, so I want to check they are
>    correct.
>    I can measure the size of stuff using gerbv (there may be a better way
>    to do this in pcb), but I can't tell if the right pin numbers have been
>    assigned very easily.  Is there a way to see this in PCB?
>    Oliver

Place footprint, then:
 - hover mouse cursor over the component (not over pin), press d: all
pin numebrs will appear
 - hover over a pin, press d: pin number of the given pin appears
 - hover over a pin or component and press shift+d: pin number dialog
opens

The above work with the gtk hid, I don't know if bindings are the same
for the lesstif hid. Recent versions of PCB with gtk hid also displays
pin numbers in the preview window while selecting footprints.

hope this helps,

Tibor Palinkas