Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

Den 2010-12-31 13:20:07 skrev Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Den 2010-12-31 02:58:36 skrev Stephan Boettcher
<boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

      ______
     |      |
 ââââ|  &   |oâââ
     |______|

Ah, those box shaped symbols.
Well, I don't like them. So none of them in my lib...

Those were invented by bureaucrats at a time when pen plotters had
difficulties plotting circles.

So I am the only one that use still them?

maybe :-)

And why did they use a small circle for the NOT function at the output
if the plotters had difficulties plotting them?

Now that you mention it, the symbol is suppsed to look like this:

       ______
      |      |
      |  &   |-âââ
      |______|

I've seen those too, but they are not the same as those I learned at school and have used all my life.

Well, I guess that I need to make my own symbols then, and that it's no point sharing them since I am the only one who use them.
Thanks for all the input.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg