gEDA-user: Possible new project for an open hardware design

It turns out that my employer is in need of a single-board prom
programmer that can program SST39xxxxx flash chips. Buying a programmer
to do the job would be expensive enough that we would be willing to
fund an open source project.

That is, we could buy parts and have PC boards commercially produced.

To make the device useful in general, it would make sense to include
a few different sockets on the board so that a variety of parts
could be supported.

Anyone feel like taking the bait?
steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,