gEDA-user: iverilog - Library Error

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --

From: "Shawn Eary" <shawn_eary@msn.com>

When I run iverilog on the sample Hello World program, I get the following
output:

earyso@linux:~/ecen4243 > iverilog hello.vl
/usr/local/lib/ivl/vvp.tgt: shared object not open
error: Code generation had errors.
earyso@linux:~/ecen4243 >

For some reason the LoadLibrary function of t-dll.c is failing.  Problem is,
I have no idea of where the implementation of the LoadLibaray function is,
and as a result, I not really sure how to resolve the above error.  I tried
editing the /etc/ld.so.config file, but I guess I didn't put it in the right
path or the problem has nothing to do with ld.

Help???

Shawn