Re: gEDA-user: pin and part swapping

Hello,

> I've created an Xilinx 9572XL symbol.  I have connected various signals
> to any I/O pin as I do not know what the layout will look like yet.  How
> can I create the schematic such that pins can be easily/automatically
> swapped ?
>
> Could each pin be a seperate part ??
>
> Has anyone else done something similar with CPLDs or FPGAs ???
>
> Thanks,
> Brendan Simon.

	There isn't form to swap pin labes easely/automaticaly.
	I think that you need to design 2 or more symbols like 9572X-1.sym 9572X-2.sym ... each one with diferent labels tothe pins.
	Usualy we write all the possible function to each pin label like in PIC microcontrolers where you find:
	pin4's label=OSCIN/OSC1/RB3

	But if you are saying about slots like a NANDs ports chip, please read about the symbols slots attributes in docs.

Best regards,

Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
LAX Eletronica e Telecomunicacoes Ltda
gEDA-BR - Users Group - http://gedabr.projetos.etc.br