gEDA-user: geda library decomposition

Ales,

Have you done any work in decomposing the geda libraries so that the GUI
interface code is seperate from the data sturctures and manipulation code ?

One of my projects/ideas is write a CAD system (or build on another CAD
system), with a cross platform framework (such as wxWindows, qt or maybe
even wxpython, java, etc or maybe a mixture) to provide an alternate
frontend to gchem etc.  I want to also write a PCB layout tool.  I want
to build an environment where the schematic and pcb tools have a common
interface, look and feel, etc.  I also want the environment to be able
to edit verilog files and create symbols for verilog modules, etc.

What's the status of the libraries ???

Thanks,
Brendan.