Re: gEDA-user: Tools for timing diagrams for digital signals

On 12 Feb 2003, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> In terms of doing documentation and analysis of digital signals, would
> any of the gEDA tools be suitable? Perhaps GTKWave?

I don't think GTKWave would be of help, unless you want to print
example waveforms.

> What I am thinking here is in terms of initial design amd documentation
> of timing and waveforms, not viewing results of simulations.

Don't draw timing diagrams.  Use STGs or state diagrams.
Timing diagrams always become too cluttered when you draw in all
the necessary constraints and too useless to work with when you don't.

- Andrew
University of Manchester Dept. of Computer Science  Amulet Group
Research Associate bardsleyATcs.man.ac.uk  Tel: +44 161 275 6844
Snail: Room IT302, Man. Uni., Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK