Re: gEDA-user: Tools for timing diagrams for digital signals

Andrew,

I've got to disagree with you here.

Timing waveforms are a succinct way to illustrate relationships
between signals. They do a GREAT job in specifications of
interfaces in particular. I would wager they do the best job
in trying to define interfaces in particular.

If you use them in your design efforts initially without worrying
about how the nano-seconds, but just which clock something occurs
you can also use them to GREAT effect in figuring out how
a state machine NEEDS to work in the first place.

Timing diagrams still serve a place in my design bag of tricks.

Steve Wilson