Re: gEDA-user: Verilog 2001

office@anydroid.de said:
> Why you run far away to  SystemVerilog with your Integral types and
> lay still down needed  Verilog 2001 support in case of configuration /
> generate?

Integral types borrow the infrastructure of real types which are
a -1995 feature that I was missing. I simply chose to implement the
real/realtime support in a way that byte/int/longint will be easy
to implement as well.

I also intend to use those types internally to improve performance
of existing 4-value code. I hope to detect usage of "integer", for
example, where I can transparently substitute int/longint and
improve runtime performance. And runtime performance is the most
important issue for me. I have a day job design that needs to go
lots faster.

office@anydroid.de said:
> How about a documentation on features and best usage in Icarus
> Verilog?  Did you need any help I could give? My implementation style
> stresses  Icarus very well, but how many guys working on icarus
> software to  follow the hints?

I'm pretty busy. I have a day job to keep track of, and a growing
bugs database to keep up with. The README.txt file has some notes
on non-standard things that are added, as does the ieee1364-notes.txt
file. No comprehensive "book", though. It's a matter of finding the
time, especially given all the other requests you made earlier:-)

If you want to follow development of Icarus Verilog, watch the
geda-dev list.
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,