Re: gEDA-user: Tools for timing diagrams for digital signals

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Steve Wilson wrote:

> >Actually, from a GTKWave point of view, being able to annotate with
> >causal-relationship arrows (either by hand or from a textual/graphical

> I see two different applications here - one of which already has some
> support, the other which is more along the lines similar to the product
> "Timing Designer."  We can already add labels and comments to our traces

Actually, I was thinking that the annotation could be useful for pointing
out causal relationships on real simulation output so the viewer can be
made to chase signals based on their causal relationships.  You could use
an STG of a circuit or a handshake channel as the input format to such
an annotator.  As for drawing spec. diagrams, well, that wasn't
specifically what I had in mind.  Neither really was hand annotation.

- Andrew
University of Manchester Dept. of Computer Science  Amulet Group
Research Associate bardsleyATcs.man.ac.uk  Tel: +44 161 275 6844
Snail: Room IT302, Man. Uni., Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK