Re: gEDA-user: Tools for timing diagrams for digital signals

Andrew,

I don't expect you to go off and write it - I'm just
trying to define what the other tool would be used for
as a point of discussion of the differences.

Again - the free-hand creation of the timing diagram itself
is a more interesting tool because it has a more general
application. I already understand that you wouldn't
personally use such a tool.

Annotation of diagrams in GTKWave would have some
utility for documentation after the fact - while I
would imagine you could use the other tool before the
fact.  The "TimingDesigner" tool can actually be
used to cut test benches that generate the waveforms
that are drawn as one example of tieing to useful
testing needs.

Regards,

Steve Wilson

Thats all.