Re: gEDA-user: preferred power connection style?

Hi,

My two cents on this.

[snip]
>I'm new to gEDA too and a wondering about the same thing (did not post
>the question yet though). The doc on this topic (net= attribute mini-HOWTO,
>http://www.geda.seul.org/docs/20021103/netattrib/netattrib.txt) advises
>to use net= attributes for the power pins, without visible power pins on
>the symbols. It also signals the fact that most symbols in the current
>library await addition of the net= attribute (and I guess removal of the
>visible power pins).

	I don't know if I would go as far with the last statement (I should
look at that net= mini-howto and revise it a little).

	The decision to use the net= attribute or have power pins on the
schematic is a religious issue.  If it makes sense to use one over the other,
then by all means.  You will find (unfortunately) the current symbol library
is a little inconsistent in this regard.  gaf doesn't try to impose on the
user one way of doing things.

	In summary, use your best judgement.

								-Ales