Re: gEDA-user: Correspondence between gschem footprint= and PCBelement

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:12:03 +0000
Karel Kulhavý <clock@twibright.com> wrote:

> page 67 of PCB manual states:
> "Make sure that each component in the schematic has a footprint attribute that
> corresponds to a footprint in the PCB library..."
>
> I am in this situation: have a board that has a plenty of 1n, 100n and other
> tiny capacitors. I have measured some of them with slide gauge and realized all
> fit neatly to the element that is in PCB-2003113 library called
> "CK05_type_Capacitor".
>
> I am using gsch2pcb for generation from .sch to .pcb. I don't know what I
> should type into footprint= attributes to get these capacitors appearing as
> CK05_type_Capacitor.
>
> I tried to find some documentation for gsch2pcb:
> man gsch2pcb - none
> info gsch2pcb
>
> I expect this information to be on page 67 of PCB manual, but it is apparently
> missing and I can't find it on the neighboring pages.
>
> What should I put into my footprint= attributes?

Just making the footprint=CK05_type_Capacitor should work.  If it's not
working, then run "gsch2pcb -v -v project" (or xx.sch instead of project)
to see what directories gsch2pcb is searching for the element.

As for documentation, get a quick overview with "gsch2pcb -h", but for
complete docs, see

    http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html

Bill