gEDA-user: gschem in KDE launch

This is more of a KDE question but maybe someone here
knows the answer.

I keep my .sch files in a variety of project directories. If  I
need a component only for  one schematic I will create a
./sym directory and store it there.

I add a local gschemrc file to set a search path and type
gschem filename.sch  from that directory to  access the
drawing. Works  fine.

I set up KDE to add gschem to my menu and I can
use it's gui to click on the file and bring up the schematic
in gschem but it doesn't find the components. If I
configure KDE by setting the working directory to
the full path name where the .sch is kept then it
works. But if I set the working directory to . it
defaults to ~.

How do I tell KDE to set  the working directory to the
same one where you found the file.

John Eaton